Faculty of Medicine in Bratislava of Comenius University offers study programs of General medicine and Dental medicine in English for international students from all over the world. A number of international students is growing in recent years since Comenius university is among TOP universities in Europe.
Faculty of Medicine was established on the 21st September 1919 and is the oldest of the thirteen faculties of Comenius University in Bratislava (you may read more about the history of the Faculty and University here). Faculty of medicine invests effort into positioning itself as a recognized scientific, research and educational institution of particular importance for the development of clinical medicine. The Faculty of Medicine at Comenius University in Bratislava currently offers accredited study programs at all three levels. Students obtain knowledge predominantly in theoretical and pre-clinical subjects at beginning of their studies. Further training takes place mainly at the Faculty of Medicine at Comenius University in Bratislava clinics. Students can choose elective subjects from the interdisciplinary program.
Medicine programs offered for international students
- General Medicine program, which is a 6-year program, leading to Doctor of Medicine (M.D.). Program is equivalent to Medicinae Universae Doctor (abbreviated to MUDr). The fee for one study year is 9500€. There will be 275 students accepted to this study program in 2021
- Dental medicine program, which is a 6-year program leading to a diploma degree in Medicinae Dentium Doctor ( MDDr) – equivalent to Doctor of Dentistry. The fee for one study year is 11.000€. There are around 35 students accepted annually each year.
Entrance examination may be done only online in 2021. The entrance exam for General medicine will be on 10th of August 2021 and for dental medicine it will be on 11th of August 2021. The deadline for registration is the 9th of July 2021. Please dont forget that it is necessary to submit also recognition of academic documents.
Read the full information how coronavirus is changing medical universities classes and exams.
Questions for entrance exam
The Biology Booklet contains 750 questions from biology. Each question offers 8 possible answers. Similarly, also the Chemistry Booklet contains 750 questions from chemistry. Each question also offers 8 possible answers. At the end of each booklet, there are correct answers available. The entrance examination test will contain 100 questions from biology and 100 questions from chemistry (randomly selected) and each question will offer 4 possible answers. Totally you may score 800 points. There are deductions for incorrect answers. Questions it is possible to buy in PDF version or book version.
Documents for an entrance exam
Following documents are required for application:
– Birth Certificate – official translation by sworn translator
– General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) –official translation into Slovak language. In the case that the applicant does not have Original of GCSE issued by the Secondary school it is necessary to submit Official Confirmation from Secondary school about successful graduation of Secondary school with the date, stamp and signature from the director of the secondary school.
– Validation of General Certificate of Secondary school – soft copy
– Certificate about vaccination against hepatitis B
– photocopy of the Passport
– 3 passport pictures (3,5 x 4,5 cm)
Do you want study medicine or dental medicine in Bratislava. Apply now!
We offer wide range of assistance services, such as providing database of questions for the entrance examination, assistance at the foreign police, assistance with finding accommodation and others.