Faculty of Medicine in Bratislava of Comenius University offers study programmes of General medicine and Dental medicine in English for international students from all over the world. Number of international students is growing in recent years, since Commenius university is among TOP universities in Europe.
Faculty of Medicine was established on the 21st September 1919 and is the oldest of the thirteen faculties of Comenius University in Bratislava. Faculty of medicine invests effort into positioning itself as a recognized scientific, research and educational institution of particular importance for the development of clinical medicine. The Faculty of Medicine at Comenius University in Bratislava currently offers accredited study programs at all three levels. Students obtain knowledge predominantly in theoretical and pre-clinical subjects at beginning of their studies. Further training takes place mainly at the Faculty of Medicine at Comenius University in Bratislava clinics. Students can choose elective subjects from the interdisciplinary program.
Medicine programes offered for international students
- General Medicine program, which is 6 year program, leading to Doctor of Medicine (M.D.). Program is an equivalent to Medicinae Universae Doctor (abbreviated to MUDr). Fee for one study year is 9500€. There are around 180 students accepted to this study program annually.
- Dental medicine program, which is 6 year program leading to a diploma degree in Medicinae Dentium Doctor ( MDDr) – equivalent to Doctor of Dentistry. Fee for one study year is 11.000€. There are around 35 students accepted annually each year.
Entrance examination may be done only in Bratislava. There are 4 possible dates: 26th, 27th June 2017 and 14th, 15th August 2017. Students need database with questions for preparation – 100 questions are from biology and 100 quesions are from chemistry. Maximum number of points is 800. Entrance examination fee is 80€ and is non-refundable.
Following documents are required for application:
– Birth Certificate – official translation by sworn translator
– General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) –official translation into Slovak language. In the case that the applicant does not have Original of GCSE issued by the Secondary school it is necessary to submit Official Confirmation from Secondary school about successful graduation of Secondary school with the date, stamp and signature from the director of the secondary school.
– Validation of General Certificate of Secondary school – soft copy
– Certificate about vaccination against hepatitis B
– photocopy of the Passport
– 3 passport pictures (3,5 x 4,5 cm)
Do you want study medicine or dental medicine in Bratislave. Apply now!