The course of Pharmacy is becoming very popular for international students. There are plenty of foreign students from all over the world – Greece, Spain, Italy, or Iran. There are 3 reasons why students wish to study Pharmacy in Slovakia: the program is internationally recognized in the European Union and most countries of the world. Secondly, the level of tuition fees is acceptance (7500€ per 2 semesters). Thirdly there is a very good job perspective of graduates at the Faculty of Pharmacy, Comenius University.
As a graduate, you may get employed in various types of positions: in pharmacies, in institutes dealing with drug quality control, at worksites of clinical pharmacy, clinical biochemistry, hygienic service, pharmaceutical industry, commercial representation of pharmaceutical companies, distributing companies, research, education of health care professionals, etc. The Faculty graduates are always wanted in the labor market and they can very well realize their potentialities not only in the Slovak Republic and their home country but also abroad.
The course of pharmacy offered in Slovakia
- University: Comenius University
- Faculty: Faculty of Pharmacy
- Study program: Pharmacy
- Length of program: 5 years
- Fee for program: 7,500€ / 2 semesters
- Language of program: English
- About the program: Study program Pharmacy is a multidisciplinary course with knowledge in fields of the chemical, biological, medical and pharmaceutical area. The graduate has deep knowledge of everything that happens to a medicinal product in the human organism; its effects and adverse effects; as well as the health and social aspects of the use of medicinal products. The graduate masters pharmaceutical technology, pharmaceutical, chemical, microbiological, biological trials on medicinal products for human use. The graduate can evaluate scientific data on medicinal products and provide related information based on such proficiency. The graduate has adequate knowledge of legal and other requirements related to pharmaceutical practice. The study program fully complies with the Directive 2005/36/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on the recognition of professional qualifications.