Slovak Medical University is located in Bratislava and is less known medical university in Slovakia. It has 4 faculties: Faculty of medicine, Faculty of public health, Faculty of nursing and professional health studies and Faculty of health. The University was founded in 1953 and educated thousands of health professionals. The University is listed in World Directory of Medical Schools and is running according to ECTS standards.
There is study program of General medicine offered in English. Degree of Doctor of General medicine is awarded after graduation. There are 36 seats offered to international students who are selected based on written entrance exam. There will be 2 dates in 2020: 24th of June 2020 and 8th of July 2020.
- University: Slovak Medical University (SZU)
- Faculty: Faculty of Medicine
- Study program: General Medicine
- Length of program: 6 years
- Fee for the program: 9.000€
- Language of program: English
- About the program:
Format of the entrance exam
There is written, multiple-choice test from biology and chemistry. There will be 80 questions from biology and 80 questions from chemistry. The booklet is offered by University to prepare for the exam. Applicants can score maximum 640 points, which means that there is 4 points per one question maximum. The time allotted for exam is 2 and half hours (150 minutes). The first 36 students will get admission to study General medicine at SZU. The application fee is 70€.
Documents for registration
– secondary school leaving certificate with Apostille (official certificates on a successful completion of entire secondary education accompanied with an authorized translation into the Slovak language),
– applicants who complete their secondary school in the current academic year must submit the
verified secondary school leaving certificate on the day of entrance examination at the latest
(authorized translation into the Slovak language),
– the decision on recognizing the equivalence of the secondary school leaving certificate obtained abroad (submit until the day of entrance examination)
– copy of payment made for the admission procedures – 70 €,
– medical certificate of health condition fitting the study at university and performance of profession within the chosen study program including the proof of vaccination against Hepatitis B,
– Curriculum vitae (in English),
– birth certificate (authorized translation into the Slovak language),
– copy of passport / ID card,
– one passport-sized photo (3.5 x 4.5 cm)
General medicine at Slovak Medical University
The curriculum is divided into compulsory, compulsory optional, and optional (voluntary selection) courses. A week may include a maximum of 38 hours of contact learning (direct teaching): lectures, practical lectures, clinical training, mandatory practice, diploma thesis, and state examination. The individual study includes a private study, consultations, essay writing, case studies, etc.
Mandatory Practice includes:
Clinical training during the curriculum of the semester, as required in the study program.
Continuous clinical practice, as defined by the study program.
All forms of professional practice take place under the direction of a university instructor. The maximum number of students per instructor during professional practice is 5.