Process for Bachelor students
If you plan to study at Bachelor level in Slovakia, you will need to recognise your secondary school certificate. Please note that all of your documents (secondary school degree certificate, transcript of records from final year at secondary school) must be apostilled / superlegalised.
Afterwards you will need to translate documents by sworn translator in Slovakia (in your language combination to Slovak language). It is important to make hard copies of your academic documents because after submission you will not get the documents back. The administrative fee is 30€.
Process for Master and PhD students
In case you are planning to study in Slovakia at Master or PhD level, you will need to translate your academic documents.
Master students: secondary school certificate, Bachelor final degree, Bachelor transcript of records.
PhD. students: Master degree, Master transcript of records
Documents must be apostilled (check the list of counties where apostille is possible here:
The superlegalisation process for students from 3rd counties is following:
- first of all you will need to verify your academic documents in your home country. You will need to bring it for verification to Ministry of education in your home country and subsequently to Ministry of foreign affairs of your home country.
- secondly you will need to get stamp from Slovak embassy which is responsible for verification of formal documents in your home country. E.g. if you live in Bangladesh, embassy for you is in New Dehli; if you are from Iran, embassy for you is in Tehran; if you are in Tunisia, your embassy is in Cairo, Egypt
- embassy stamp per one document is 20€. Now the superlegalisation is complete and you can submit your documents for sworn translation
- Sworn translators must be listed in Slovak register of sworn translator. Please note that it is important to translate documents only after you have all stamps from the ministries and embassy of Slovakia
- Finally, you will submit documents all your documents translated to Slovak with official form, passport copy, 30€ administrative fee. After your degree is officially recognised, you will need to pay 50€ for decision.
We suggest starting with the process as soon as possible as it may take 4-6 weeks according to terms and dates you will get from ministries and embassy.