Comenius University is the oldest and largest university in Slovakia. It has 2 faculties of medicine – in Bratislava and in Martin. Both faculties accept international students and both are institutions which large share of foreigners among their students. University is celebrating 98th anniversary this year and summed up some very interesting facts.
- At all levels and forms of study, nearly 25,000 students are currently studying. Approximately 20,000 of them are in full-time form of study;
- University has almost 2100 foreign students from 70 countries of the world;
- Comenius University offers 980 study programs to students interested in bachelor, master, doctoral and postgraduate degrees;
- There are 19 top scientific teams in the CU (out of 37 in total at Slovak universities);
- Comenius University is regularly ranked in the ranks of the best universities in the world – as the only representative from Slovakia.
- Publishing UK represents more than 40% of the total number of scientific publications of all Slovak universities in foreign indexed journals;
- University employs more than 4,400 employees, which advises her in the top positions among employers as well.