If you finished your bachelor studies related to medicine, it is possible to get graduate-entry at some universities in Europe. The conditions can change anytime, so it is better to contact the study office / check the last updates on the university website to prevent problems. Option to take 4 years medicine program (sometimes called also MBBS) is there in Poland and Cyprus.
Jagiellonian University in Krakow
Students who submit the following documents to the international study office, can get admission:
- A document confirming knowledge of English language, provided that secondary education was conducted in a language other than English (e.g. International English Language Testing System- IELTS at least 6.5, Test of English as Foreign Language -TOEFL Paper Based Test at least a 510 points test score and at least 3,5 points from TWE, TOEFL Computer Based Test (TOEFL CBT) at least a 180 points test score and at least 50 points from TSE, TOEFL Internet Based Test (TOEFL iBT) – at least a 87 points, TOEIC min 700);
- University degree diploma (at least Bachelor’s degree) or equivalent;
- A high school-leaving examination certificate or diploma of secondary education, which entitles its holder to be considered for admission to medical or dental (MD or DDS) programs in the state it was obtained in;
- Certificate of current MCAT or GAMSAT score, passed not earlier than in 2015, with a minimum score for MCAT –498 and GAMSAT – 56;
- At least two semesters in each of the following courses, completed during higher education or complimentary education, in agreement with item 2:
- Biology (at least two semesters),
- General Chemistry (at least two semesters, including one semester with laboratories),
- Organic Chemistry (at least two semesters, including one semester with laboratories),
- Physics (at least two semesters, including one semester with laboratories),
- a subject from the group of humanities or social sciences (at least two semesters),
- mathematics (at least two semesters) or one semester of Calculus,
- and who take part in an interview.
Medical University in Lodz
the program was discontinued: https://studymed.umed.pl/programs/md-advanced-program/
Poznan University of Medical Sciences
The four-year M.D. Program of the University is designed for English Speaking college graduates who have completed their premedical education and required courses.
The following courses must have been completed satisfactorily:
- General Chemistry I+II (including lab) – 1 Year
- Organic Chemistry I+II (including lab) – 1 Year
- General Biology I+II (Including lab) – 1 Year
- Physics I+II – (Including lab) – 1 Year
- English – 1 Year
Required Application Documents:
- Completed Online Application Click Here for https://applicant.ump.edu.pl
- Non-refundable interview fee of $300 made payable to “Poznan University of Medical Sciences”
- Official Transcripts received directly from your University
- One Letters of Recommendation from Science Faculty.
- Copy of Passport
- Poznan University Health Certificate (Completed by your Physician)
- 3 Passport size photos (Please sign and print your name on the back)
- MCAT Scores sent directly form AAMC using the THx system. MCAT must be taken no earlier than 2012 .
- Immunization or Vaccination Record with Hepatitis B
- Diploma ( Original diploma or copy certified by a Polish Consulate or Notary Public) If your degree has not yet been completed you may send your diploma once it is received.
- MCAT scores: If you are a U.S. or Canadian citizen or permanant resident or you have completed your Degree at a US or Canadian University or College MCAT scores are required within the last 3 years. Students from outside the US or Canada who have not taken the MCAT must have taken either the UKCAT or GAMSAT. The minimum requirements are as follows:
- MCAT: 490 for the new test, 22 for the pre-2015 version.
- UKCAT: average score of 575
- GAMSAT: minimum overall score: 45 and minimum 40 in each section
- All 4 Year MD program applicants must sit for an internal science quiz
Students attending schools at which they have the option of enrolling in courses for a letter (or numerical) grade or on a pass-fail basis, are encouraged not to enroll on a pass-fail basis in the above courses. The University does not require that applicants major in a particular field. In fact, the University seeks individuals with broad educational backgrounds. Nevertheless, each candidate must demonstrate a record of academic achievement. Ability to master scientific concepts and employ them with confidence is essential for success in this program. In this connection.
Apart from these academic characteristics, the Admissions Committee recognizes a responsibility to consider applicants as individuals; particularly in the evaluation of the breadth of their educational experience, their personality traits, maturity level, and appropriate motivation and commitment to a career in medicine.
The University also conducts “preliminary interviews” of students contemplating medical school. Specific actions and courses which enhance applications in the future are discussed with the admissions staff. Furthermore, previously unsuccessful candidates for medical school may wish to take advantage of this service to solicit advice in the improvement of their applications.
Of particular importance to some applicants, is the early admissions procedure (EAP) according to which candidates may apply for early acceptance on a preferred basis. Successful candidates in this ongoing procedure may reserve their place in the class commencing in the following September, thus eliminating a great deal of uncertainty in their academic plans and prospects.
University of Nicosia – requirements to get accepted for 4 years mbbs
- A Bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.1 class honours or equivalent (3.3 GPA in the USA, 3.2 in Canada) or a higher degree (e.g., MSc, MPhil or PhD) in any discipline,
- Work or voluntary experience in a medical or health-related field, demonstrate a broad awareness of the scope of medicine,
- Overall score of 57 (with a minimum of 50 in each section) in the Graduate Australian Medical School Admission Test (GAMSAT); or a total score of 500 in the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT). Please see the GAMSAT or MCAT websites for further details on how to take these tests (www.gamsatuk.org or www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/).
- If English was not the primary language during your degree, you must also take the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or equivalent (e.g., TOEFL), an IELTS score of 7.0 overall (with a score of 7.0 in the written element and no less than 6.5 in any other element) or equivalent is required.