We just finished the application process for the 2018/2019 academic year, and you can already apply for next year´s recruitment (2019/2020). As usual, we would like to remind you that it is extremely important to make a decision about participating in the application process early enough. Thorough exam preparation requires a lot of time, which high school final year students should consider the most. Question database is quite vast, it is better to schedule your study time for at least a couple of months. Therefore… operation „Application Process Kosice“ has officially started!
At Pavol Jozef Šafárik University you can study two medical programmes in English:
- General medicine
- Dental medicine
Both are 6-year long (12 semesters) full-time programmes. Every year a limited number of students are accepted. In the 2019/2020 academic year, it is 200 students for general medicine and 30 students for dentistry. Upon the completion of the study programme and the positive final exam result, a graduate will receive a MUDr. or MDDr. degree, Doctor of Medicine and Doctor of Dental Medicine respectively.
!!! Qualifications obtained in Slovakia are valid in all European Union countries, the diploma nostrification is not needed.
Every year we see a growing number of foreign students in Slovakia. Last year Ukrainians, Norwegians, Germans, Serbians and Poles were the biggest group!
In order to take part in the application process Kosice for any programme, you need to take an entrance examination. The format has not changed since last year.
- The examination consists of 200 questions – 100 from biology and 100 from chemistry.
- There are 4 options and more than one can be true. There can be questions with no correct answers at all!
- The examination is 150 minutes long (2,5 hours).
- Calculators cannot be used. All the necessary material, such as pens, draft sheets, periodic tables are provided by the university.
- The maximum score is 800 points. You need to get at least 75% (600 points) to pass the examination.
- The examination cost is €40.
Entrance examination dates
- 19.06.2019 (Wednesday) – documents submission deadline is 19.05.2019
- 19.08.2019 (Monday) – documents submission deadline is 19.07.2019
Meadhead – agency for international students will also organize the entrance examination in Poland. The exact date, time and place will be announced soon. In case of interest please contact us by email or call.
It is recommended that you use the question database when preparing for the entrance examination. You can purchase it through our agency. The cost is 20€. Preparatory materials are available in a pdf version, which can be easily printed out. There are two separate files, one includes 600 biology questions, and the other one – 600 chemistry questions (1200 questions in total). The entrance examination questions come from the database.
In the preparatory materials, however, there are 8 options for each question! Only 4 of them are randomly chosen and appear in the entrance examination.
You are advised that you have a look at the list of topics covered at the entrance examination:
Application process Kosice – required documents
- application form, which must be filled online, printed out and signed –
enrolment is available from January 1 st 2019
- form with a chosen date of the examination – the details of the examination in
Poland will be announced later
- medical report (not older than 3 months)
- copy of passport or ID
- notary authorised copy of school leaving certificate + Slovak/English sworn
translation, or original document of school leaving certificate + Slovak/English
- examination payment confirmation (€40)
Taking part in the application process with our agency entails lots of benefits, i.e. 25% discount on sworn translations, discounts on our preparatory course, 24/7 assistance of our resident in Kosice, simpler application process and a lot more!!
Get in touch with us by calling +420 77 88 910 55 or write us an email: email@example.com